Mary Kay's Satin Feet

Mary Kay.  If you're like me, the first thing that comes to mind when hearing Mary Kay (or Avon) is "Grandma".  A few weeks ago, I got an email from a reader of this blog (I <3 my readers!!!!) asking if I'd be willing to try out a few products and to "review" them.  She did NOT pay me, she did NOT get a guarantee that I would give a GOOD review.  I said "ok!".  Hey, I'll try {most} anything free.  I DO have my standards tho.....Crocs sent me an email, asking if I'd try their shoes, & promote them.  Ummm, no.  No Crocs will EVER go on my feet.  Ever. 

Anyways.  The products I was given were for "Satin Feet".  Which, is awesome, as Winter or Summer...my feet are ALWAYS dry/cracked. And, yes, I go for pedicures regularly (every 2-3 weeks).  They're still always cracked.


When I first saw the bag, I was like "Uh-oh", she gave me the wrong stuff!  However, upon looking IN the bag, I found instructions to get "Satin Feet" using the "Satin Hands" products!  :)


The instructions state to rub the "Extra-Emollient Night Cream" on your feet, then put socks on, and to sleep with the socks on.  Um, problem right there.  I can NOT sleep with anything on my feet (which drives Hubby crazy, cuz I put my cold feet on HIM...lol).  So, I waited until a day when I didn't have any errands to run or anything outside the house to do, so that I could have the socks on all day.

So, first step is to use the "Fragrance Free Hand Softener", and let that soak in for a few minutes.  
This is VERY thick, kind of feels greasy, but since you are going to scrub it off shortly, its no big deal.  It SAYS "Fragrance Free" right in the name, but I found that it has a very light, clean, pleasant scent.  


Second is to rub the "Fragrance Free Satin Smoothie Hand Scrub" all over your feet.  I loved this!  Not too hard/gritty, but definitely enough to feel it, and get the dead skin off!  This has the same light smell.


Next is the "Fragrance Free Hand Cream".  Now, you're SUPPOSED TO use this, then go on about your day, THEN use the "Extra-Emollient Night Cream".  Since I don't wear socks to bed, I just kinda cheated: waited about 10 mins, then went onto the final step!  ;)


The "Extra-Emollient Night Cream" is very thick, but goes on easily, and isn't super greasy.  It does have a faint powdery smell (would be "Grandma"-ish if it were any stronger, but its not)!  Plus, you're supposed to do it before bed, so who cares if your feet smell a tad bit like powder.  

I put on my cute socks, then went about my day.  That night, as I was getting ready for bed, I took off the socks, and my feet looked SO smooth!  They felt extremely soft, too.  My heels were still a tad bit rough but they were WAY better than when I started out in the morning!!  I put a tad bit more "Extra-Emollient Night Cream" on (not too much, as I didn't want any to get on the sheets) and went to bed.  The next morning, my heels were SO much better!  I wish I'd found this stuff at the beginning of Summer, instead of Fall!  LOL!  Oh, well.....I'll just be 110% ready for Summer 2012 & all the hot sandals that come with it!  ;)

So, overall, I can't speak for the make-up, or other products, but I am DEFINITELY a fan of the "Satin Hands" products.  ADDED BENEFIT: my hands were amazingly soft & smooth when I was done with my feet!  The "Fragrance Free Hand Cream" is GREAT for daily use, not greasy at all!  I highly recommend this line for anyone with dry hands/feet, or if you know anyone with dry hands/feet!  

To order any of these products (or any other Mary Kay products), you can visit Randi Johnson's web page.  Want to order (makes great stocking stuffers!)?  Mention "ShoeGirl" get 20% off!!!!!  **You have to email Randi (Randi_Johnson@marykay.com) to get the 20% off, as she has to manually enter that when she processes the credit cards**

This post is WAY overdue, & for that I apologize to Randi Johnson!!!!  Thank you for the products, and for your patience!